High PR backlinks are the gold standard of links in SEO. To fully understand why these links work, let’s first talk about pagerank and how Google ranks websites.
What is Pagerank?
PageRank works by counting the number and quality of links to a page to determine a rough estimate of how important the website is. The underlying assumption is that more important websites are likely to receive more links from other websites.
Examples of High PR Websites
Many of the highest traffic webites on the internet have massive PR. Here’s a few examples:
- CNN: PR 9
- Yahoo: PR 9
- CNet: PR 8
A backlink from one of these sites is a massive signal in Google eyes. For link building purposes, I focus on getting PR2+ backlinks from high trust domains. Generally, the more PR, the better.
There are tons of ways to get these links but most methods require some form of outreach via email, social networking or PR inquires. I’ll discuss these methods in a future post.
Traits of the Perfect High PR Backlink
Not every link is created equal. A good PR link has the following traits:
- 100% dofollow
- Placed directly on the page with the PR
- No more than 10 links already on the same page
- Is permanent
Right now, I’m going to show you 10 legit ways to create high PR backlinks yourself. It’s so easy that even a complete beginner can do it.
1. Private Blog Network
Private blog networks are dominating Google search results in 2014! I wrote a previous post on how to build a private blog network quickly and easily. The basic steps are:
- Find Expired Domains
- Setup the domain on different hosting accounts
- Use a different theme for each domain
- Post a unique article with no more than 3 backlinks
- Diversify your anchor text to avoid optimization penalties
It’s easy to grab a handful of expired/deleted domains with ExpiredDomains.net and start building your own PBN today. Either do it yourself or outsource it to my team.
2. High PR DoFollow Blog Comments
Blog commenting is old news but I love high PR dofollow blog comments for getting some incredibly strong links. Here’s how to do it:
- Download SEO Quake
- Enable the PR setting to show in Google Results
- Visit this list of dofollow blogs or find your own by searching Google using the query: “your keyword” “Post a Comment” “WordPress”
- Use your NAME as the anchor text in the NAME field then enter your email and website Address. Never use your keywords in the name field. It looks like spam
I will probably write a separate post explaining this in detail so let me know if you need this article.
3. Top Commentators Blogs
Show Top commentators is a cool plugin that credits blog commentators with a dofollow backlink in the sidebar. I use SEOQuake to find blogs that use this plugin then leave comments to get a SITEWIDE High PR backlinks.
Check it out:
How to Find Top Commentators Blogs
- Go to Google and search for: “your niche” “top commentators”
- Use SEO quake to find the websites with the highest PR
- Leave a relevant comment with your name in the NAME field
- Rinse and repeat
Most blogs reset the top commentators every month so create simple EXCEL spreadsheet with each domain listed so you remember to comment every month.
4. WordPress Reviews
WordPress.org is a PR9 domain and has tons of PR4 inner pages where you can create a solid backlink as long as you don’t spam. Here’s how to do it:
- Create a WordPress.org account
- Go to Support Forums
- Use the SEOQuake toolbar to browse some of the older threads and check the pagerank
- Leave a relevant comment then insert your link to your page without being spammy
Don’t abuse this tactic because the WordPress forum is there to help people. What I do is answer people’s questions then refer to my link when making a point.
Do This – I use Yoast SEO to optimize my page titles for SEO. Check out my site for an example. http://www.backlinkinsider.com Make sure to Force title rewrites and keep the categories No index.
Don’t Do This – Hi Please visit my blog. <a href=”http://www.backlinkinsider.com”>SEO</a>
URl links without anchor text look more natural to the WordPress community. Again, don’t use anchor texts.
5. Buy Guest Posts on High PR Domains
If you don’t have a private PBN, then get those high PR backlinks by buying cheap blog posts at fiverr.
Fiverr has lots of crappy gigs but there are a few great values available there. We’re looking for blogs that accept guest posts on their homepage.
Go to Fiverr and search for keywords like:
- “I will post your content”
- “guest post on my”
- “I will post your article”
Check the title and description to verify the pagerank. Don’t be afraid to send a quick message asking: “What is the URL for this gig?”
Most Fiverr sellers will reply to close the sale. Look for PR2+ sites and use OpenSiteExplorer to check key metrics like DA & PA.
6. High PR Directories
Directory links get a lot of hate but I love getting a quick and easy high PR link with just a few minutes of work.
7. Sidebar & Footer Links
Many bloggers are simply broke. Search Google for blogs that have a high PR but don’t seem to be earning a lot of money.
- Go to Google and search: “your niche” + “blogs” and browse the top 100 Google results.
- When you find a good candidate, use the contact form and offer them $5 a month to post your link.
- 50% of them will reply and you can get an easy PR4+ backlink with little money and effort
8. Internal Links to Older Pages
If you have a website older than 3 to 6 months, then your inner pages are a pagerank goldmine. Here’s how to find inner pages with pagerank on your website and how to create links from them.
- Change the Google results per page to at least 25: Go to Google.com -> Search Settings in the top right hand corner -> Results Per Page and move to bar to the right
- Enable SEOQuake and type this search query into Google: site:yourdomain.com (replace yourdomain.com with your website URL)
- Click the PR arrow to sort the pages by pagerank
- Click the results and insert backlinks to your target page using different anchor texts
Successful companies and blogs publish testimonials from customers to show their creditbility. Sometimes, the company will post the testimonial along with a backlink. Here’s an example from PR6 Aweber testimonials page:
Here’s how to get these backlinks:
- Search Google for: “your niche” “testimonials”
- Sort the pages by pagerank in SEOQuake
- Contact the website and request to submit an honest testimonial
All you need to do is write a few words to get a lifetime high PR backlink. Best of all, as the website grows, your PR backlink grows in value as well.
Not to mention the potential referral traffic when people read your testimonial and check out your website.
10. Google+ Profile
Social media backlinks are money in the back if you use the networks at all. Unfortunately, Facebook and twitter don’t offer dofollow backlinks in their profile field.
But….Google+ does. Google+ is quickly becoming my preferred method for social media backlinking.
Matt Cutt’s Google+ profile is PR6! Here’s how to build a backlink to your Google+ profile.
- Sign in to Google+ and click the “About Tab”
- Under Story, click the “edit button”
- Fill out your introduction and insert a backlink
Now, you need to link to your Google+ profile everywhere so you gain some backlinks and exposure. Your profile PR might be 0 now but it will increase quickly because you now have a high authority webpage on the Google domain!
I am a follower of Source Wave by Alex Becker and learned about LinksManagement through his Youtube channel. It’s a simple High PR links service that allows you to purchase PR1 to PR6 high quality one way links at an affordable cost.
What High PR Backlink Methods Do You Use?
I shared with you most of my easy to understand high pr backlinking methods. Brian Dean shares another high PR backlinking article that shows you new methods too.
Let me know if these methods work for you. What methods do you use? If I try your backlinking method and it works, I will add it to the list.